If you want to pull a trailer with your golf cart, you’ll want the best hitch made that will fit your golf cart. Below we review the better golf cart trailer hitch brands, including HEKA, Hodenn, Lonwin, Performance Plus Carts, Huskey, ELITEWILL, and Mission Automotive. This is a tool that all golf cart owners should purchase sooner rather than later for its price.
- 1 Top 7 Best Golf Cart Trailer Hitches Reviewed
- 1.1 1. HEKA Golf Cart Trailer Hitch fits on Backseat Footrest-Club CAREZGOYamaha
- 1.2 2. Hodenn Golf Cart Rear Seat Trailer Hitch with Receiver Fit for Footrest-Club CarEZGOYamaha
- 1.3 3. Lonwin Golf Cart Rear Seat Trailer Hitch with Receiver for Footrest-Club CarEZGOYamaha
- 1.4 4. Golf Cart Rear Seat Trailer Hitch with Receiver
- 1.5 5. Golf CART Trailer Hitch FITS ON Backseat FOOTREST- Club CAR EZGO Yamaha
- 1.6 6. Performance Plus Carts Club Car Precedent/Onward Golf Cart Trailer Hitch Kit with Receiver for 2004-Up
- 1.7 7. 10L0L Golf Cart Rear Trailer Hitch for EZGO TXT & Medalist 1995-2013
- 2 Shopping for a Golf Cart Hitch
- 3 Golf Cart Hitch FAQ’s
Top 7 Best Golf Cart Trailer Hitches Reviewed
1. HEKA Golf Cart Trailer Hitch fits on Backseat Footrest-Club CAREZGOYamaha…click image to see more on Amazon HeKA Golf Cart Trailer Hitch fits on Backseat Footrest-Club CAREZGOYamaha. Universal hitch was made to be installed on the backseat footrest of most golf carts. Distance between the front of the bracket to the rear is between 10 5/8 and 11 inches. Some easy modifications can be made if your footboard is longer. The distance on the footplate mounting holes from center to center of the holes is 5 inches.See more on Amazon…
2. Hodenn Golf Cart Rear Seat Trailer Hitch with Receiver Fit for Footrest-Club CarEZGOYamaha…click image to see more on Amazon Hodenn is recognized worldwide as a true icon among golf cart trailer hitches. Golf cart rear seat trailer fits most golf cart rear seats from Club car, EZGO, and Yamaha. Made of heavy-duty steel. Strong load-carrying capacity and impact resistance. Mounts under the rear foot platform footrest. Includes 1 trailer hitch, 2 receivers, pin, clip, and installation hardware. You can’t go wrong with the Hodenn.See more on Amazon…
3. Lonwin Golf Cart Rear Seat Trailer Hitch with Receiver for Footrest-Club CarEZGOYamaha…click image to see more on Amazon Lonwin rear seat trailer hitch fits most golf cart rear seats from Club car, EZGO, and Yamaha. Heavy-duty steel 2 Hitch Receiver attaches under rear foot platform Includes trailer hitch, hardware, hitch pin, and cotter pin. Damage to this golf cart trailer hitch is unlikely due to the Lonwin heavy-duty construction. It’s easy to install: Mounts under the rear foot platforms footrest.See more on Amazon…
4. Golf Cart Rear Seat Trailer Hitch with Receiver…click image to see more on Amazon The low cost and high functionality of this golf cart trailer hitch by Performance Plus Carts are hard to top. Includes: Receiver, Ball Mount, Hitch Pin, Mounting Bracket, Pin Clip, All Bolts, and Washers. Some Drilling may be required for an exact fit.See more on Amazon…
5. Golf CART Trailer Hitch FITS ON Backseat FOOTREST- Club CAR EZGO Yamaha…click image to see more on Amazon Universal hitch was made to be installed on the backseat footrest of most golf cart rear flip seats. The distance between the front of the bracket to the rear is between 10 5/8 and 11 inches. Some easy modifications can be made if your footboard is longer. Works great with our safety grab bar. This receiver hitch accepts any size trailer ball. The Huskey is a simple but top-notch golf cart trailer hitch.See more on Amazon…
6. Performance Plus Carts Club Car Precedent/Onward Golf Cart Trailer Hitch Kit with Receiver for 2004-Up…click image to see more on Amazon The performance plus golf cart trailer hitch is all-steel construction with a satin black finish. It only fits golf carts without a back seat. Fits all 2004 to current club car precedent and club car onward vehicles gas and electric. Includes standard 2 receiver, ball mount hitch, hitch pin, mounting bolts, and hitch clip.See more on Amazon…
7. 10L0L Golf Cart Rear Trailer Hitch for EZGO TXT & Medalist 1995-2013…click image to see more on Amazon The golf cart trailer hitch is designed for EZGO TXT / Medalist. Made of durable, heavy-duty steel, you can be sure your golf cart’s load will be safe. Designed to mount to the rear bumper but is not compatible with any rear flip seat on the cart.See more on Amazon…
Shopping for a Golf Cart Hitch
With a hitch on your golf cart, you turn that gas or electric golf cart into a hauling machine. For example, you can pull a trailer with a hitch and haul dry leaves, cut brush, and tree limbs with ease and comfort. Or maybe you want to attach a cargo carrier to haul your toolbox or a tow hook for pulling. Having a golf cart receiver hitch allows you to increase the functionality of your golf cart.
Some trailer hitches are custom-made to fit a Club CAR, E-Z-GO, Yamaha, and Polaris Cart. Others are universal and can be made to work on many brands. Unfortunately, universal-built hitches are less likely to come with hardware such as bolts and washers. The reason why is they don’t know what model cart you have, and what you need will depend on your model. Remember, you may also need to purchase a hitch pin with clip, ball mount, and hitch ball, as these are often not included.
The way your hitch will mount can vary as well. Some are designed to mount under the rear foot platform footrest, the bumper, or the back seat. Nearly all work with or without a safety grab bar attached. Some require your cart to have no backseat, some need the backseat, and some are not compatible with rear flip seats, while others are. Most kits do not require drilling, but some may be required due to variations in hitches and golf carts. All of the golf cart hitches listed are quality brands. The best hitch for your golf cart brand depends on its configuration and how you plan to use it.
Golf Cart Hitch FAQ’s
Can you put a hitch on a golf cart?
Yes, you can put a hitch on a golf cart. You can choose a custom-fit golf cart hitch or an aftermarket/universal hitch. Custom-fit golf cart hitches offer a cleaner install. Most aftermarket golf cart hitches mount to the bumper.
How much will a golf cart tow?
The average golf cart can tow about 1000 pounds. Some gas golf carts have higher towing capacities and can tow up to 4000 or 5000 pounds without a problem. Always consult your golf cart’s owner’s manual before towing for its manufacturer’s rated towing capacity.
Can a golf cart pull a small trailer?
Yes, golf carts can pull a small trailer. Keep your trailer’s weight plus the weight of the load under the hitch and the golf cart’s rated tow weight. If you need to buy a trailer to pull with your golf cart, the 5 foot by 8-foot trailers are a popular choice.