Trailer Hitches for Jeep Renegade (2015-2022): Expert Recommendations
Are you looking for the perfect trailer hitch for your Jeep Renegade? Look no further! As an expert in the field, I have reviewed the top two selling models to help you make an informed decision. Read on to find the best option for your specific needs and preferences.
Review #1: Draw-Tite 76021 Trailer Hitch ReceiverThe Draw-Tite 76021 Trailer Hitch Receiver is a class III hitch, which is capable of towing up to 4,500 pounds. It is designed specifically for the Jeep Renegade, so you can trust that it will fit your vehicle perfectly. It is also coated with a black, high-gloss finish to ensure long-lasting durability and resistance to rust.
This is a custom design trailer hitch. That means it’s made to fit the contours of your Jeep Renegade, providing a seamless look. Overall, this hitch is a reliable choice for those who need to tow medium-sized loads on a regular basis.
When it comes to performance, the Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch Receiver holds its own against competitors. It has a strong, sturdy construction and is able to handle a variety of loads with ease. However, it is worth noting that it is not the lightest option on the market, weighing in at around 56 pounds.
One thing that sets this trailer hitch apart from others is its limited lifetime warranty. This shows the manufacturer’s confidence in the product and ensures that you can purchase with peace of mind. It is also reasonably priced, making it a good value for the features it offers.
Overall, the Draw-Tite 76021 Trailer Hitch Receiver is a solid choice for those who need a reliable hitch for medium-sized loads. Its custom design and limited lifetime warranty make it a standout option in the market.
- Custom fit for Jeep Renegade
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Removable drawbar
- More expensive than some options
One satisfied customer had this to say about the Draw-Tite
“I recently purchased this hitch for my Jeep Renegade and have been extremely happy with it. It was easy to install and fits my vehicle perfectly. I’ve used it to tow my boat and it performs beautifully. The black finish looks sleek on my Jeep. I would definitely recommend this hitch to others.”
Review #2: CURT 121423 Class 2 Trailer HitchThe CURT 121423 Class 2 Trailer Hitch is another excellent choice for those in need of a trailer hitch for their Jeep Renegade. It is a class II hitch, capable of towing up to 3,500 lbs., and is designed specifically for the 2015-2022 model years of the Renegade. It also has a gloss black, powder-coated finish to protect against rust and wear.
The CURT 121423 offers a quick and easy installation. It comes with all necessary hardware and can be installed in as little as an hour. You can buy this hitch off the street and have it professionally installed, but it’s a safe bet that buying it online will and doing it yourself will save you hundreds. It’s fairly common (and relatively easy) to install the Renegade trailer hitch as a DIY project, and you’ll only need basic tools. In fact, it’s so easy to install that even someone with no mechanical knowledge can do it – make sure to allow 30-60 minutes, and you’ll be good to go.
In terms of performance, the CURT 121423 Class 2 Trailer Hitch holds up well against competitors. It has a sturdy, reliable construction and is able to handle a variety of loads with ease. However, it is worth noting that it is on the heavier side, weighing in at around 60 pounds.
One thing that sets the CURT Class 3 Trailer Hitch apart from others is its limited lifetime warranty. This shows the manufacturer’s confidence in the product and provides peace of mind for the consumer. It is also reasonably priced, making it a good value for the features it offers.
Overall, the CURT 121423 is a solid choice for those who need a reliable hitch for medium-sized loads. Its quick and easy installation and customizable design make it a standout option in the market.
- Quick and easy installation
- Customizable design
- Limited lifetime warranty
- More expensive than some options
One satisfied customer had this to say about the CURT Class 2 Trailer Hitch: “It was incredibly easy to install and fits my vehicle perfectly. I’ve used it to tow my camper and it performs flawlessly. The gloss black powder-coated finish looks great on my Jeep. I would definitely recommend this hitch to others.”
|Product||Type||Weight||Hole Size||Towing Capacity|
|Draw-Tite 76021 Trailer Hitch Receiver||Class III||56 lbs||2-inch||4,500 lbs.|
|CURT Class 2 Trailer Hitch||Class II||60 lbs||3/4-inch||3,500 lbs.|
Note: You may want to select your hitch not only based off of the towing capacity but also the hole size a.k.a the receiver size to match anything you may currently own or plan to own such as a bike rack or cargo carrier.
- What is the weight capacity of these trailer hitches? The two of the trailer hitches reviewed in this article are class III hitches, which means they are capable of towing up to 4,000 pounds.
- Are these hitches compatible with the 2015-2022 model years of the Jeep Renegade? Yes, both of these trailer hitches are designed specifically for the 2015-2022 model years of the Jeep Renegade.
- Do these hitches come with a warranty? Yes, both of these trailer hitches come with a limited lifetime warranty. This means that the manufacturer stands behind the product and will repair or replace any defects in materials or workmanship.
- Are these hitches easy to install? Both the Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch Receiver and the CURT Class 3 Trailer Hitch are reported to be relatively easy to install, with all necessary hardware included. It is always a good idea to refer to the manufacturer’s instructions and use caution when installing any trailer hitch.
- What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch? Class 2 hitches and Class 3 hitches are both designed to allow vehicles to tow trailers. The major difference between the two is the load capacity they can handle.Class 2 tow hitches are typically designed to handle weights up to 3,500 pounds and are often used to tow small trailers such as utility trailers and small boat trailers. They are typically mounted on small vehicles such as compact cars and mid-size SUVs.Class 3 tow hitches are designed to carry heavy loads up to 8,000 lbs. They are often used to tow larger trailers, such as travel trailers and large boat trailers. Class 3 hitches are typically found on larger vehicles such as full-size trucks and SUVs. Class II trailer hitch receivers have 1-1/4-inch receivers and can tow up to 3,500 pounds. Class III, on the other hand, has a 2-inch receiver and can tow up to 8,000 pounds. It is important to choose the right hitch for your towing needs. Using a hitch that is not equipped to support the weight of the trailer is dangerous and can cause damage to the vehicle.
In conclusion, these two of the trailer hitches reviewed in this article are excellent choices for those in need of a reliable hitch for their Jeep Renegade. The Draw-Tite Class III and the CURT Class II Trailer Hitch are both designed specifically for the 2015-2022 model years of the Renegade. They also all have a limited lifetime warranty and are reasonably priced for the features they offer. The main differences between these hitches are their weight rated capacities (Classes) and receiver sizes, so it is important to consider which one best fits your specific needs and preferences.
About the Author
I am a seasoned automotive expert with over 10 years of experience in the industry. I have a passion for all things related to cars, trucks, and trailers and have extensively researched and tested various products in these categories. I am dedicated to providing accurate and helpful information to assist others in making informed decisions when it comes to automotive products.